Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July

With a day full of festivities ahead of me, I knew I would want to look as patriotic as possible while still looking feminine. So when my mom showed up with an adorable red cotton sundress I knew it would be just what I needed. (By the way, so proud of my mom for scoring it for $3 at a thrift shop)!

When I tried it on it was just much too short for me. I am a mom who spends half the day bending over tying little shoes, picking up dropped toys and food, and lifting a little man up onto my hip. A mini dress just isn't meant for mommy-hood.


There was also no blue on the dress, making it feel more Hawaiian then patriotic.


But, it was nothing that a little sewing and cotton fabric couldn't fix!



All I had to do was add some blue and white cotton to the bottom of the dress, some blue cotton to the back of the ties, and some blue cotton and white lace to the neckline and I had a brand new patriotic dress!



Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th of July! 
Happy sewing!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment