Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Bathroom Shelf



A closet-sized bathroom has been quite the challenge in our house. With no linen closet and very tight spaces I decided it was time for a shelf to help keep some of our bathroom supplies and guest towels. And it just tickled my fancy that I found a shelf at the thrift store for $3.99 right after deciding I wanted one.

I wish I would have thought to take a picture before I dived into fixing it up but I didn't. The shelf was stained a honey blonde so I quickly sanded it down (sanding a flat surface was a walk in the park in comparison to some of our more recent projects), and began priming. Following a coat of primer I added some black paint on all edges. Once this dried I dabbed some Vaseline along the edges and then spray painted the whole thing white. Once dry I lightly sanded edges! Must say, love the Vaseline trick!

All that was left to do was to hang it and top it off with a basket and some Mason jars of supplies. I think I will add a photo frame to the mix in the next couple of days. I found one for 99 cents at the thrift store that I will spray paint to be a nice deep red for a pop of color!


Not too shabby for 4 bucks, right?!




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment