Monday, June 18, 2012

Re-wired Lamp

Last week was a long week in our household. Seems perhaps someone may be teething which means mommy is finding very little time to work on her to-do list. Sadly, the only thing I was able to work on was a lamp that I had picked up for $3.99 from the thrift store. It is a cast iron lamp that looked like it could use a bit of love.


The cord looked as though it had been chewed through by somebody's pet so I knew I had to re-wire the lamp. I also was thinking of re-painting it. I went to Menards and bought a $6.00 lamp kit and was able to re-wire during a very short nap my little guy took last week. While working on the lamp I fell in love with the worn look and decided not to spray paint. I actually really like how shabby chic it looks! 


Now I just have to find the right lamp shade and I will have the perfect lamp for my sewing table! :) 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment