Tuesday, July 24, 2012

DIY Wall Vases


I fear last week did not prove well for getting much done around our house. The little man has been working on getting both of his upper teeth and we have had a major lack of sleep due to it. I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed as I watch my house grow messier and the to-do list grow longer. If only there were more time in a day.

Adding to the list is the fact that little man's birthday is nearly a month away which means a lot more for me to be working on. I am excited to share my birthday projects with you but I think I will wait to unveil them until after the birthday (I don't want to spoil the surprises for our family). However, I will be doing a whole bunch of posts about hosting a birthday bash on a dime after his party is over.

Despite the set-backs I have continued to try to catch up on making some new home decor. After all, the crafting truly is therapeutic and it keeps my mind and fingers busy. Once again I found inspiration for dressing up my very tiny entry way on Pinterest (are you starting to notice a trend with my house . . . teeny tiny rooms). My entry is small but needed some sort of pop of color to welcome guests, and the wall vases I found on The Winthrop Chronicles blog were perfect: http://thewinthropchronicles.blogspot.com/2012/03/wall-vase.html.


I adjusted her measurements a bit to fit some extra 2x4 that we had leftover from the basement remodel last summer. Since this dwarfed the sizing a bit I used some clear beer bottles rather than wine bottles for the vases (labels come right off in boiling water . . . a little bit of Goo Gone will take the leftover adhesive right off).


I have to say . . . this makes my entry way feel much more welcoming. Let me know if you decide to give this an attempt!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment