Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tutu Cute Wreath



The last week has been a hectic one around here as I try to wrap up a few big projects. I am very close which means some more great tutorials are on their way! To top off the hecticness, my little one seems to be teething again which has meant a lot of skipped naps and many grouchy afternoons . . . all meaning less work time for mom. However, during the shorter than usual naps I have been trying to tackle a few items off of my Pinterest boards.

I know I have mentioned it before but I will say it again, if you are not already a member of Pinterest I highly suggest joining! There are endless amounts of inspiration but be warned, you will find your to-do list growing with each minute you spend on there!   :)

This week I was able to complete a new 4th of July wreath . . . talk about cutting it close. Once again, this was something inspired by a few wreaths I had seen pinned on Pinterest. The process was so simple and so cheap! (I apologize, the process was so simple that I forgot to take pictures of progress).



--------------------------------------------------------
Supplies:

- Craft Wreath (super thrifty if you find them at your Dollar Store)
- Tulle (tulle rolls makes this project a breeze . . . I used 3 full tulle rolls)
- Any decorations you might want to add to your wreath

--------------------------------------------------------

- Cut your tulle into strips of your desired length. I suggest trying a few out before cutting all of your strips to be sure the length achieves your desired effect. Once you are sure of the length, then you can pre-cut all of your strips.

- Tie your strips around the wreath in whatever pattern you want. I doubled my strips for coverage and fullness. 

- Once your entire wreath is covered add your decorations. I added string to hold my wreath up (I didn't want to have the wreath hook peeking through my tulle). I used the string to hang the wreath from my wreath hook. I then free handed a letter "F" on some foam posterboard and cut it out. Using mod-podge I covered the letter with some patriotic fabric I had. Once it had dried I used hot glue to affix it to the center of my wreath. My "F" was so big that I knew any other decorations would have just cluttered up the wreath. But you can use anything to add bling: fabric flowers, wreath picks, bows, etc.! Get creative and have fun!


Have a safe and happy 4th of July


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment